My Girl Grace

An ongoing diary of my wonderful warmblood mare Grace and our quest into the world of Natural Horsemanship - together.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Wales, United Kingdom

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Update on Poppy

Well, the vet came today and found a lot of pain in Poppy's shoulder - he said it looks as though she has been kicked. Makes sense really. She is being bullied by the other two and she has been unhappy. No wonder she's so happy to be in the stable!

Might have to think of a plan B for Poppy.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Toni,

Sorry to here about Poppy. I'm sure the other two will soon stop bullying her perhaps their just trying to get the peking order right. I don't know if you saw my last comment regarding Prague. I have been let down by somebody who was going to buy her for breeding and after your last reply i thought i would give you the option of taking her under your wing. She is going for £1650. Would you be interested?

You could email me if you want on sarahh@biotrace.co.uk and we could talk further about it and swab numbers through email rather than this site.

Hope to hear from you soon....

Sarah xx

4:10 pm  
Blogger Claire said...

i suppose it must be the dynamics of two mares & a gelding....

how's grace doing? have you been able to do any work with her with everything else that's been going on?

7:57 pm  
Blogger Toni said...

Sarah, have emailed you hun x

Claire - I think your exactly right about the dynamics. Poor Poppy is the less dominant mare so is ousted.
Grace is going good, started work again with her last week, getting on and off, walking her out, clicker training. As soon as the light nights come I'll be riding lots :)

6:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Toni,

For some reason i haven't recieved you email. Do you want to post your email address and i will email you first and you can reply. Sometimes my email plays up.

Sarah x

1:46 pm  
Blogger Toni said...

Hi Sar,

My work email addy is toni.tee@wattsandmorgan.co.uk.

Speak soon xx

2:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home