My Girl Grace

An ongoing diary of my wonderful warmblood mare Grace and our quest into the world of Natural Horsemanship - together.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Wales, United Kingdom

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Training Update




I visited Gracie on Sunday. What a visit!

There was a slight drama last week when Grace decided that she'd rather not start work after all! Shelia contacted me and said that Grace had started to have a few rearing episodes and 'freak outs' which she thought were caused by a previous attempt to back her which was finished on a bad note.

So, she went back a few steps and tried to show Grace that there was nothing to worry about.

And it worked! As Sheila put it so well 'Grace decided to go with us and not against us!'

My visit in Sunday was a total success. After a tiny bit of lunging to blow out any cobwebs (!) I got on Sheilas horse Fly, she got on Grace and we went for a hack! How cool is that!! Grace was excellent and was thinking really hard - but she didn't put a foot wrong!

She is going really well in her bitless bridle and I hope she won't ever really have to use a bit in her mouth at all.

Grace will be back with me by next Friday - Horray!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home