My Girl Grace

An ongoing diary of my wonderful warmblood mare Grace and our quest into the world of Natural Horsemanship - together.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Wales, United Kingdom

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Deciding to go 'Barefoot'


As Grace is only four, she has never had shoes on her feet.

After a bad experience with an impatient farrier (is there any other kind?) and a long chat with my friend who is a barefoot convert, I decided that I would take this route with Grace.

This means Grace will never have metal shoes on her feet.

As she is young and has never worn shoes, the transistion should be a smooth one (fingers crossed!)

We have found an excellent barefoot trimmer and I am getting Grace some G2 Old Mac boots to put on her front hooves if she ever shows signs of getting foot sore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home