My Girl Grace

An ongoing diary of my wonderful warmblood mare Grace and our quest into the world of Natural Horsemanship - together.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Wales, United Kingdom

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Sunny Sunday Update!

What a beautiful weekend! Wish I'd had my camera with me. Two glorious sunshiny days - Grace had her first naked days this year and took full advantage of rolling at every opportunity - great when I had to clean her off in the evenings!

Grace's abscess seems to be clearing up nicely. I am soaking her foot once a day in Milton solution and then strapping a nappy on with thick outdoor material tape - its working a treat!

I moved Poppy to a farm across the way yesterday. She was really starting to worry me with her weight loss and I was hoping that a touch of 'Dr Green' might fix her up! She is back in the field that her and Doughnut first arrived in and I swear she has put on a bit of weight already - grass is wonderful stuff! She will move next week to a paddock with more grass but I didn't want to put her there straight away and risk colic - would be all I needed!

Doughnut is my little superstar - no worries with him at all. He is doing his companion job very well and him and Grace are firm pals - even if they do look like an odd couple!

3 Comments:

Blogger Toni said...

Sod Off!

8:21 pm  
Blogger Claire said...

toni, you could always set up blogger to make people put in some letters before allowing them to post .... i haven't as i haven't been too plagued but worth a thought... gets rid of the bots, if not the "real people" spammers!!!!

glad poppy's doing well....

9:52 pm  
Blogger Toni said...

How do I do it?

10:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home